Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Do Other People Use To Plan Maths Lessons?

When I was thinking about my long/medium term maths plan for year one this year I decided not to go with the blocks that the primary strategy recommends. Personally I find the mix of things throughout the blocks very confusing and I much prefer to seperate it out to do one thing at a time, so say a couple of weeks on shape and pattern, then a couple of weeks on data handling etc making sure there is a good mix throughout the term.

Do any other year 1 teachers do this or is everyone else using the blocks? If you don't what have Ofsted had to say about it? Just a bit worried that I'm going to get in trouble as we're expecting them this year!

Kariana, the framework is not statutory. I dont like it either although my school seems to require me to teach from it. Have a look at the bedfordshire maths plans as I find those much easier to use, if you havent already found them! Google Bedfordshire maths.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)