Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Degree And Have Dyslexia

katehart

Early Years Foundation Degree

I AM SCARED

I have been just been diagnosed with dyslexia and starting Uni soon. Just interested to know if any one else have the same problem or anything similar.

I had a needs test today and very promising. I know I may struggle a little bit, but I am very keen to have ago, as this is a area I really love,

Any advise very much appreciated.

Kate

Hi just wanted to let you know that a friend of mine recently completed a Masters degree (not in early years) and she was diagnosed with dyslexia at the same time; grand old age of 35.

It might seem daunting now but you will be fine, my friend got lots of support from the Uni, both financially and academically

Good luck!!!

.........and my friend who has dyslexia,just finished her BA hons with a 2:1 , she has had plenty of support from uni, and extra time when she needed it to complete assignments

I have had extra time to finish my work due to previous health issues, so try not to worry xx

Hi Kate

i have dyslexia and have just completed BA in early years. there is plenty of help available, you have to ask, i had 1-1 support which was very helpful. there are grants available for you to access, contact your uni dyslexia support unit.

it is tough but the fulfilment of achievement is unbelievable.

good Luck

Deb

Hi Kate

i have dyslexia and have just completed BA in early years. there is plenty of help available, you have to ask, i had 1-1 support which was very helpful. there are grants available for you to access, contact your uni dyslexia support unit.

it is tough but the fulfilment of achievement is unbelievable.

good Luck

Deb

Thanks for that Deb, It is great to hear it went well for you. What sort of things did you find difficult?

I have already spoken to the Uni and I had my needs test done last week, so just waiting to see what happens next.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)