Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C11.2

Need help please on C.11.2 Question -the varying age which children develop their discriminatory and stereotypical ideas. At what age does this usually begin. Has any body got any ideas or suggestions? Need this to complete the element C.11 Thankyou SallyW

Hi Sally,

My standards don't ask anything about stating ages for this - has your Assessor asked for this?

All I usually look for is an understanding that, like every other aspect of development, it's individual and I expect to see awareness of influences on children which could induce, or prevent, such ideas creeping in to children's outlook.

Any help?

Sue :D

This is for K and U 6 right?

You're probably looking for information about when children develop the kind of stereotypes in their play such as Boys can't play with dolls/wear pink and Girls aren't allowed to be firefighters.

Think about when you hear children say this kind of things and you should be on the right track.

Kristina :D

Hi Sally,

Challenging adult's attitudes and the way that we talk to children such as,

'I need two strong boys'

'What a good quiet girl'

Sorry, have been on the phone and can't remember the question!

Does this help? Barb

Hi Sallyw here

Many thanks to everyone for their help. I wish I had found this site last year. I have been struggling with some of the elements and felt like giving up sometimes, but have kept going

Finding C15 quite daunting as there does not seem to be many Child Protection Courses and they seem to be booked up well in advance.

so will be asking loads of questions for you clever people out there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)