Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Setting Up Classroom

Hi all,

My classroom has been redecorated over the summer and it has only just been finished - so I have to go in tomorrow and try and get it set up (with my own 2 children in tow!!). It looks fab, we have a much larger wet area, new carpet, new sink, and IWB has been moved to a better place. Anyway, I'm really pleased with it but starting to panic slightly about getting everything sorted in time. Luckily we are doing home visits this week so the children aren't in till next Monday!

I have been at home with my own children for the past few years so haven't set up a room for years. I am planning to have the usual areas - writing, creative, sand and water, mallable materials, book area, computers, role play, construction/small world, investigation area, a table to work with groups.... Could do with some inspiration though, which areas do you have and which would you not be without??? Have I missed anything really important.

Thanks,

Kathryn

Hi all,

My classroom has been redecorated over the summer and it has only just been finished - so I have to go in tomorrow and try and get it set up (with my own 2 children in tow!!). It looks fab, we have a much larger wet area, new carpet, new sink, and IWB has been moved to a better place. Anyway, I'm really pleased with it but starting to panic slightly about getting everything sorted in time. Luckily we are doing home visits this week so the children aren't in till next Monday!

I have been at home with my own children for the past few years so haven't set up a room for years. I am planning to have the usual areas - writing, creative, sand and water, mallable materials, book area, computers, role play, construction/small world, investigation area, a table to work with groups.... Could do with some inspiration though, which areas do you have and which would you not be without??? Have I missed anything really important.

Thanks,

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn

I feel your pain! I too am going back into the classroom after a few years out - but my time out has been spent selling my wares as an Early Years Education Consultant - No pressure there then!

Have put a few planning formats and an environment audit that you might useful here. If you have any questions - please ask!

Alistair

abcdoes.com

Thanks for this, its really useful. I'm going to school today and I am going to have a really careful think about what I am putting where and why and note it down. I also like the idea of the audit of how the areas are actually being used, its so easy to set up what we think is a great area and then its never used!

Thanks,

Kathryn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)