Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toy Topic, Help Needed!

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and could do with a abit of help! I start a new job in September with a group of reception/ yr 1/ yr 2 special needs children and my topic is 'toys'. I would appreciate suggestions of any good ICT/ PE activities that I could do with my children based around this topic. Any other ideas would also be welcome as i'm sure some of you will have covered this topic before :o .

Thanks x

pe you could show them a jack in the box and spinning top and use this to stimulate movement, there was an action song on itv a bit back

jack in the box

jumps out of the box

he shakes his head

from side to side

i gently push him into the box

and he closes his eyes and goes to bed

or something like that :o

To add to suebear's idea- I'm going to use this poem in literacy, then get the children to decorate a large box that they can use to be a Jack-in-the-box and going to get the children to film each other doing the different actions in the box to make a video of the poem :)

When I did this topic we did The Nutcracker- The dance of the toys and this also linked to music. The children took on the role of different toys and danced to the different music composing their own pieces in a group. We gave them costumes (not very elaborate) at the end and they performed in front of their parents. It was lovely and very very Christmassy.

ICT - try these

http://www.topicbox.co.uk/browse.php?item_...&topic=Toys

http://www.topicbox.co.uk/browse.php?item_...&topic=Toys

:o

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)