Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Has Completed E100

Hi guys!!

is there anyone completed E100 (OU).Could u let me know about the course as they haven't got exam ,only assisngments.

Thanks

:o

Hi

E100 is a fairly new course - a 60 point level one course which on successful completion entitles you to the Certificate in Early Years Practice (a recognised level 4 qualification) and it is also a compulsory course for the OU Foundation degree in Early Years.

There may be some people around on the forum who have completed this course, but I doubt there are many as I think the first presentation has just finished. E100 replaces the 'old' courses E123 and E124.

E100 has 4 TMA's and an ECA. The ECA takes the place of an exam. You need to be successful in the continuous assessment element and the examinable component in order to pass the course.The course description summary says:

Summary

This course is for anyone currently working with young children aged between birth and seven years in public, private, voluntary and independent settings. You’ll consider practice in relation to working with young children and other adults (including colleagues, other professionals, parents and carers). You’ll develop your knowledge of provision for young children from birth to seven years and explore how they develop and learn. The course looks at the early years curriculum and its underpinning principles and values and is of direct relevance to all UK national early years guidance, including the Early Years Foundation Stage

In order to study the course you need to be working in an Early Years Setting full time for at least six months or for 12 months if working part time (ie at least 5 hours a week) and your employer needs to complete a permission agreement form to confirm this. You also need a CRB.

Hope this helps and sorry I can't give specific content detail of the TMA's

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Geraldine !

Rinki

Hi

E100 is a fairly new course - a 60 point level one course which on successful completion entitles you to the Certificate in Early Years Practice (a recognised level 4 qualification) and it is also a compulsory course for the OU Foundation degree in Early Years.

There may be some people around on the forum who have completed this course, but I doubt there are many as I think the first presentation has just finished. E100 replaces the 'old' courses E123 and E124.

E100 has 4 TMA's and an ECA. The ECA takes the place of an exam. You need to be successful in the continuous assessment element and the examinable component in order to pass the course.The course description summary says:

Summary

This course is for anyone currently working with young children aged between birth and seven years in public, private, voluntary and independent settings. You’ll consider practice in relation to working with young children and other adults (including colleagues, other professionals, parents and carers). You’ll develop your knowledge of provision for young children from birth to seven years and explore how they develop and learn. The course looks at the early years curriculum and its underpinning principles and values and is of direct relevance to all UK national early years guidance, including the Early Years Foundation Stage

In order to study the course you need to be working in an Early Years Setting full time for at least six months or for 12 months if working part time (ie at least 5 hours a week) and your employer needs to complete a permission agreement form to confirm this. You also need a CRB.

Hope this helps and sorry I can't give specific content detail of the TMA's

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)