Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Its A Small World!

Where abouts in Walthamstow did you live Bridger?

My setting is near the famous mile long market!!x :o

Edited by Guest
To remove comments about completing SEF from original discussion

My setting is on West Ave road near the top end of the market! Where abouts are you now?

Edited by Guest
To remove comments about completing SEF from original discussion

Bubbles oo are you in the Carville Day Nursery building by any chance. :o

"YES" thats my Nursery...how do you know it?!x it used to be council run but its a private nursery now!! how exciting!!x

Snap :( How funny so did i it used to be run by a housing association with social service children and private children. I went straight from doing my NNEB back in the early eighties and had many happy years there. Its a small world they say. So glad to hear its still being used for early years, are the flats still used for single parents or has that changed as well. :o:(xD

Edited by bridger

Snap :( How funny so did i it used to be run by a housing association with social service children and private children. I went straight from doing my NNEB back in the early eighties and had many happy years there. Its a small world they say. So glad to hear its still being used for early years, are the flats still used for single parents or has that changed as well. :o:(xD

Oh thats excellent, i went there straight from doing my NNEB back in 1998 and i'm now the manager, it is a lovely little nursery with great owners who have done wonders with the place in the last 13/14 years! The flats are still there but i think they are just council properties for anyone now!

It is a very small world, where do you work now? what type of setting? x :(

Hi Bubbles oo, i now run a 30 place sessional pres-school and great fun it is too. I wonder if the core of the building has changed.

Does it still have the ramp leading to the bedroom, kitchen/ staff room and additional playroom.What about the outdoor sandpit with a fibreglass lid we raised lots of money to enable us to get that.

I am still in contact with one of the matrons as we were called them then, It would be lovely to see it as it is now, maybe some day i could call in and remininise. :(:o:(xD

Hi Bubbles oo, i now run a 30 place sessional pres-school and great fun it is too. I wonder if the core of the building has changed.

Does it still have the ramp leading to the bedroom, kitchen/ staff room and additional playroom.What about the outdoor sandpit with a fibreglass lid we raised lots of money to enable us to get that.

I am still in contact with one of the matrons as we were called them then, It would be lovely to see it as it is now, maybe some day i could call in and remininise. :(:o:(xD

If its where i'm thinking of, the ramp is still there but it now leads to a baby room, changing area and then the staff room, the outside sandpit is still there but it has a wooden top to it now! Ive seen some old pictures of the nursery and yes it has changed loads! The old manager/ leader there used to be called Margaret? i think, is this a name you remember? Are you local still?

It was Chris and before her was Pauline and before her was Mary. Wow what a fantastic find on this forum. No not local now i live in Essex, but still have many family and friends in Waltham Forest so are often there visiting.

Its great isn't it....i always wondered if anyone on here was local to my setting or if i new of anyone or they new me!x Anyone else local to Walthamstow??