Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Year R/1 Timetable

Hi Everyone,

I have got a class of 19 year r's and 11 year 1's in september. I am hoping to change the way I do things and go back to more child led planning but I am worried about making sure all the obj for Year 1 are covered too. Has anyone got a general timetable I could look at to see how they plan their week and how they balance everything. Any samples of what your planning looks like would be great too.

Many thanks - from a very confused

Lots

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

I have got a class of 19 year r's and 11 year 1's in september. I am hoping to change the way I do things and go back to more child led planning but I am worried about making sure all the obj for Year 1 are covered too. Has anyone got a general timetable I could look at to see how they plan their week and how they balance everything. Any samples of what your planning looks like would be great too.

Many thanks - from a very confused

Lots

hi lots

i too have the same set up. for the past 3 years i have had 20 year 1 chn and 8 reception in a class so have directed it to my year 1 chn. this year however is a complete reversal and i am stressing about how to ensure the year 1 chn are covering the literacy and numeracy they are expected to. what makes it more difficult is that there is a straight reception class and year 1 class so i feel constantly under pressure to ensure my children are getting the same input as theirs. have you had any idea how to do your timetable? i am thinking of doing whole morning literacy and numeracy but dont know if this will work?

Also the reception chn are part time, starting afternoons and alternating for the first 4 weeks so i think it is going to be very difficult to get into any routine until half term!

any ideas/ suggestions would be much appreciated?!

i would love to know how others plan and timetable their day in a mixed reception / year 1 class as i can't seem to find much on this!

thanks Nat

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies,

Just wondering how you were all getting on with your mixed aged planning and timetables now that we have done half a term. If i'm honest I still keep changing mine!!!! I keep trying to attach a copy for you to look at but for some reason can't. I will have another try in a bit. Has anyone found a miracle format that works yet. Would be great to see it if you have.

I've been trying for ages and still no magic formula!!

I find myself concentrating on the year 1 who in turn find it very difficult to concentrate on anything with the rec children self directing all around them! I have a couple of less directed days and then panic that nothing has been covered and have a more directed catch up period. Feel like i'm slowly going mad!

Any ideas welcome :o

Edited by Guest

Hello everyone,

It is nice to hear that I am not the only one stressing with a mixed Year R / 1 class! Spoke to my head just before half-term and she informed me that it is the hardest split class to deal with, very helpful!!

I too seem to be trying new timetables every week and every way I do it I find that it is still a bit formal for my Yr R's. The one way I have found successful for the Year 1 children is to take them out during CI time and leave my TA and a parent helper in the class with the Yr R's. The down side to this of course is that I am unable to interact with the the Yr R children during CI in the mornings!!

Anyone else got any wonderful ideas?

Jane x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)