Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Elc's

Hi everyone,

I'm not actually new as I used to write under my own name - Jessica. Now a group of us from my school have subscribed under the above nick.

Ok, as ICT co-ordinator I'm getting a little tired of spending, for the 3rd or is it 4th year running, my £3000 worth of ELC's on software.

I've heard a rumour that this year they're being a little more lenient and allowing us to use them on other stuff such as IWB's.

Can anyone confirm this for me please? Or has anyone found a way round this rather limiting rule. We're awash with software!!

Thanks,

Jess

Oh, blackeyedpam, how my heart bleeds for you!!

Our ELCs added up to about £120 this year. I really wish I had your problem!

I have to admit this is all a bit of a mystery to me, too. We have yet to spend ours, and am looking forward to doing a bit of research over the Easter holidays to buy some new software.

I hope someone here has the answer to your question - the website didn't seem very helpful when I visited it.

Maz

:o Maz! Yes it must sound a huge amount to you!

I don't understand the government's thinking on this as we really could do with things like IWB's or projectors or new PC's to play all the software on that we've bought over the last 3-4 years, but the money in the pot is very meagre for stuff like that.

I found the website curriculum online no help at all!

Thanks anyway,

Jess

For us, we could really use some invoicing/accounting software to make our admin a little easier. However when my boss looked into it, this is not an appropriate use of ELCs.

Still looking forward to buying the children some new software though!!

Maz

well that's a shame ......... I was given £50.50 (enough to make a difference) and thought I'd get a cordless keyboard and mouse 'cos they're doing one in Toys R Us at the moment for £12.99 and it is absolutely fine.

Shame you can't use it for hardware xD Why on earth not ??????????

Surely it would just enhance the equipment that you've already got ??????

janice :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)