Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracking Children 13 Fsp Aspects

Is anyone able to share their method for tracking the progress made by children in a nursery class against the FSP profile 13 strands?

I know there are ideas on the progress matters disk but want to know how in practical terms you gather and then collate and record this info?

We track children's progress using the development matters statements and six areas of learning and not the profile - that's more a reception assessment thingy. Every half term we highlight the statements that most reflect the children's achievements and by using different coloured highlighters we can build up a picture over the year. For 'official' school tracking purposes, we 'report' the achievement in 3 areas, as agreed with the senior management, which they then record on some lovely forms that offical-types love looking at, but from my point of view an overall picture from looking through the profiles is more useful to me!

Yeah we do that aswell, we have tracking sheets for each individual child for nursery and reception. We just highlight the scale points every half term in a different colour. We support evidence collected with an A4 book for each child that is divided into the 6 areas of learning and place the photograph of them in their with a statement saying what they have got

i.e (DA 4, 5, 6: (name)shows interest in classroom activities and diplays a high level of involvement.....) thats just an example.

Hope that helps

xx

We had an ofsted inspection recently (nursery class) and the inspector wanted us to show data for the children showing their progress under the 13 strands (FSP) she wasnt happy that we only recorded their progress under the six areas of learning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)