Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Development Matter-good Progress?

Just doing my end of year trackers for the development matters month bands - does anybody know how many months progress constitutes poor/good/outstanding progress? I know where the kids should be, but is there any guidance to say if a children makes for example, 10 months progress etc that that is good???

Edited by Guest

Don't know what age you're working with but someone previously posted on here guidance for school nursery age - that is that on entry they should be secure in the 22-36m band and emering into 30-50m and on exit/entry to reception should be secure at 30-50 and emerging into 40-60m. Don't know if that helps.

Hi just to say that I have found especially this year that some children seem to excell in one particular area - ie especially creative or great at maths - however we have had varied feedback from feeder schools. Some schools seem to think on entry to school that finding out how good they are at knowing their letter sounds and writing their name is more important - however other schools are more interested in finding out how the child learns, what their prefernce for play is ????? - how has everyone else found feeding back on development matters accomplishments ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)