Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Difficult One!

Hi all

Well our school club uses school but is separate (committee run).

Our registration for 40 children states we have access to classroom with kitchenette, school library (next door, small has corridor running through it), hall and playground.

Fine.....when weather is great kids dont use the hall as play outside. Problem occurs when weather is awful. Hall is used 3 days per week by after school activities run by school eg table tennis, archery and at the moment rehearsal for school production.

Where do we stand then? We are surely going against our registration although OFSTED word it as

Conditions are restrictions that Ofsted places on a registration. Providers must meet these conditions at all times they provide registered care, as well as other requirements for registration. It is an offence not to meet conditions unless the provider has a reasonable excuse. If there are no conditions displayed then Ofsted has not restricted the registration

Would this be classed as reasonable excuse?

Understand head likes to offer out of school sevices but we have responsibility too. HAve asked chair if i should make appointment to see head about this. If he was to offer us use of another classroom whilst the hall is in use where do we stand?

No wonder we are having behavioural issues and stressed staff. Would like to get this sorted asap.

Thanks.

Guest jenpercy
Hi all

Well our school club uses school but is separate (committee run).

Our registration for 40 children states we have access to classroom with kitchenette, school library (next door, small has corridor running through it), hall and playground.

Fine.....when weather is great kids dont use the hall as play outside. Problem occurs when weather is awful. Hall is used 3 days per week by after school activities run by school eg table tennis, archery and at the moment rehearsal for school production.

Where do we stand then? We are surely going against our registration although OFSTED word it as

Conditions are restrictions that Ofsted places on a registration. Providers must meet these conditions at all times they provide registered care, as well as other requirements for registration. It is an offence not to meet conditions unless the provider has a reasonable excuse. If there are no conditions displayed then Ofsted has not restricted the registration

Would this be classed as reasonable excuse?

Understand head likes to offer out of school sevices but we have responsibility too. HAve asked chair if i should make appointment to see head about this. If he was to offer us use of another classroom whilst the hall is in use where do we stand?

No wonder we are having behavioural issues and stressed staff. Would like to get this sorted asap.

Thanks.

Well when our building was being decoratd, we were moved into temporary accomodation elsewhere in the building (large AE college) I notified OFSTED and they didn't want to know as it was the same address.

Of course if they happen to turn up, you can make out its really temporary, like a one-off.

This is a common problem - used to happen to me all the time when I was in a school.

however, you do need to speak to Head as you need to go somewhere..........

I think there will be a problem with the amount of space, do you frequently have near max. children?

I used tohave this issue and was told by inspector that the classroom that we used when couldnt have hall had limits on space per child. However, we were rarely at maximum so it was less of an issue - rarely got past 16.

lucie x

Hi

Yes we are full 3 days of the week so it does impact. It seems I have rocked the boat. My email query has been forwarded to the head and he wants proof of the registration. I did say it was on the registration certificate of the school club which can be seen on the noticebaord in school cluib and also provided the link to the OFSTED report. Given that it was the head who initially set up the school club until it had to be committee run you would have thought he realised. Apparently this issue was raised by the previous committee as the school we also putting up the rent. Got told that school club children could have free archery places to relieve numbers....what if they dont want to do archery????!!

Hope he doesnt say we have to reduce numbers!!??

Yes I would say that it is a bit of a problem. Some school's dont realise that after school clubs run by a committee have different rules and regulations to themselves even though they maybe in the same building. You have to have 2.3sq metres space for each child you have.

Hope this helps. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)