Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C11.3 Please Help

Hi everyone

Can anyone define the term emergent literacy? And what are the implications of this approach for parents and early years professionals?

I am having difficulty with this one and I would be really gratefully for any help.

Thanks

Hi everyone

Can anyone define the term emergent literacy? And what are the implications of this approach for parents and early years professionals?

I am having difficulty with this one and I would be really gratefully for any help.

Thanks

27552[/snapback]

Don't know if I'm doing this right, it's my first time!

EarlyYears Educator has had a series of good articles by Ros Bailet exploring all the aspects of emerging literacy-now out as a book.

Barb

Hi Barb

You have done it just fine! :) Welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post. I have seen the articles in EYE and they have been good. Worth a look at if you can get hold of a copy.

Linda

Hi Barb

You have done it just fine! :)  Welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post. I have seen the articles in EYE and they have been good. Worth a look at if you can get hold of a copy.

Linda

27595[/snapback]

Thanks Linda, but how do I get my own little box?

Plus It's Roz Bailey, (it is Friday)

Hi Barb

Do you mean without the quote from somebody else in it? If so you have to reply by using the reply button that is just above where it tells you how many users are reading this topic. You must be using the button to reply to a post which is right underneath each one-where it says delete, edit, quote and reply. Does this make sense? On reading it I don't think perhaps it does!!! :o

I can't think of a better way of explaining it!!! xD

Linda

Join the ever growing club Barb. I have been a member for nearly two years now and I dread to think how many hours I have spent on here! xD:( It is seriously addictive! :o

Linda

Just click on live caht and you are in there. Type in the box at the bottom of the screen and hit return. Your message appears in the big window.

Linda

Is this he same Ros Bailey who uses puppets? If so i sheard her speak at a seminar a few months ago she was fantastic i enjoyed every minute very inspiring.

She is the same Ros.

The one I want to live in my nursery cupboard and pop out when

a) we need inspiration and jollying along

:o to make and track down all the amazing resources she uses

there's a c too;

to catalogue all the afore mentioned resources so I don't forget about them during a topic.

Do you think I should approach her with yhis temting offer?

Barb

Hi zmcbrid, I am a teacher in a nursery setting within a school, I allow my children to use emergent writing if they are confident to do so- I also encourage parents to do the same. Some parents dont think that they should as they think of it as wrong, but I tell them otherwise- I then ask children to read to me what they have written, sometimes I will scribe underneath their writing so that they can see my writing I think its a great chance to encourage their communication skills and they are so proud of their achievements. As children become familiar with letters and words they start to form and then practice correct letter formation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)