Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Covered Outside Area

my school is investing in a covered area for the reception classroom and have decided on this company:

http://www.pentagonsport.co.uk/timbercanopiesmaingallery

they have been and quoted etc and it has been decided to go for timber framed but we are now deciding whether to go for 'open sides' or 'enclosed sides' the area doesn't need to be separated off with the enclosed side all the way around because it has walls on 3 sides but we are wondering if the slightly enclosed front would provide more shelter (it will still have a 2m opening) Can anyone offer advice/opinions and has anyone used this company before?

We have a three sided enclosed timber and canvas Gazebo - supplied by a company called Timberline - very good and the sides roll up too which is useful when its bike /racing type days - be aware you may need planning permission as it is a fixed structure ( the posts have to be concreted into the ground) It is superb and admired by other nursery staff/teachers when they see it. :o

Ignore the last post - looked at the pictures after I posted :o You are talking about a porch - I would think the enclosed would be more weatherproof and more use all year - a 2m openeing sounds good - needs to be wide enough for easily moving equipment in and out but not too wide that the 'useable space' gets limited if that makes sense. - also will the exit be the fire exit out from the reception classes ? may have to consider issues around free access and health and safety if evacuating whole classes ? xD

thanks redjayne for the prompt reply and input.

It is the fire exit for the reception class only- other classes use their own and there is an exit in the corridor outside the classroom too so not mass exit use really. I think I prefer the enclosed one too- think its more sheltered really. Any other opinions gratefully recieved- if you have one its easy to say what is good/what would be better. its such a lot of money that I want to get it right!

I have a beautiful canopy installed by Cabinco who made the log cabin the main Pre-school is housed in. See http://www.cabinco.co.uk/. Our Pre-school is featured on their home page.

Having been in the building for just a year and use the outdoor space everyday, we have just added some gates to the balustrade to make the space even more usable.

I would choose an enclosed deck as the children experience the elements but you get some protection against the rain if you are doing table or floor activities.

my school is investing in a covered area for the reception classroom and have decided on this company:

http://www.pentagonsport.co.uk/timbercanopiesmaingallery

they have been and quoted etc and it has been decided to go for timber framed but we are now deciding whether to go for 'open sides' or 'enclosed sides' the area doesn't need to be separated off with the enclosed side all the way around because it has walls on 3 sides but we are wondering if the slightly enclosed front would provide more shelter (it will still have a 2m opening) Can anyone offer advice/opinions and has anyone used this company before?

Hiya

thankyou for this post i too am looking for a conopy and note it is a company just down the road to us can you tell me roughly how much money is involved? have you a price list Icant find one on the website

many thanks

Andrea x

Hiya

thankyou for this post i too am looking for a conopy and note it is a company just down the road to us can you tell me roughly how much money is involved? have you a price list Icant find one on the website

many thanks

Andrea x

Hi andrea, they come and do free quotations which i would really recommend because you can tell them exactly what you want. We are in Kent and they came to us for free! They also take loads of photos and make fantastic posters to show what the canopies will look like in you garden etc. We are having a 7.5m x 5m canopy (which is a good size) and the enclosed one is £7000, the open one is about £5500 I think. They were the cheapest company and I prefer the wooden look to some of the metal and plastic ones which are so much more money. Hope thats helpful

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)