Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Shape Etc!

hi everyone - new to this site but what i have seen it looks brill!

i am teaching 2 days a week in FS and work is based mainly around shape, space and measure. I am trying to incorporate this +PE +music into a book based approach - anybody any inspired ideas???

thanks-any ideas would be much appreciated!

Hi Joules welcome aboard

how about Hungry caterpillar- length/sequencing

rosies walk- preositional language (great for PE)

Bear in a square

some of the Nick Sharrett books are good like the pointy hat princesses/ and the one where everone has different patterned clothing

if i think of some more i'll post

Hi Joules welcome aboard

how about Hungry caterpillar- length/sequencing

rosies walk- preositional language (great for PE)

Bear in a square

some of the Nick Sharrett books are good like the pointy hat princesses/ and the one where everone has different patterned clothing

if i think of some more i'll post

27498[/snapback]

How about... Where's my teddy (Jez Alborough) - great for scale, My mum and dad make me laugh (Nick Sharratt)- all about spots and stripes, My Presents (Rod Campbell)- guess what is inside the present; possible starting points. Where's my teddy might make an interesting story to make sound effects(loud/quiet, low/high?) and a bit of dance. Do you have those PE mats with shapes on? - not a very original idea but I always use them to reinforce shape recognition - jump over triangles, crouch on squares etc.

cheers beccy - we have lots of 3D shape equipment which we use -its brill

prob should have said-i work in a special needs unit so we have lots of good resources for PE.

Thanks for book ideas hadnt thought of those.

J

Hi joules,

Recently used ' Harry and the Robots' by Ian Whybrow & Adrian Reynolds

The story provided lots of shape and size comparative language.

We made our own robots from junk materials., and in P.E explored moving like robots and following instructions from each other - using positional language. Also Foundation Express- music scheme has a section on robots.

This book was a huge success and was a hit with both girls and boys and I will use it again. Hope this helps.

Lynda

Hi joules,

Don't think I've welcomed you yet, as I've been 'away' for a bit. (RATS in sister nursery!! xD:o:( ). Hi, look forward to getting to know you.

Everyone else has given you great ideas!!

Sue :D

:o Well, this is going to be competely off track but how Sue, does rats in your sister nursery keep you away from the computer??? Rats at home I could understand but rats in the workplace and not even the one you're usually at??!! xD

Hi there, Susan!

Well, it's a long story, but basically I was asked to help out, extra days, longer hours etc (not that I minded, as I used to work there - it was lovely seeing all my little friends again :) ), but my husband wanted his piece of me (so to speak!!) as well, so I neglected the pc a bit. Still, I'm back now, so it's back to normal!

Sue :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)