Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Investigation Area

Hi there,

I'm not sure how to access my previous post so am having to start a new thread. I'd like to thank everyone for their help with my lesson observation. I was the one returning after long term sick and within a couple of weeks had to have lesson ob from head. Anyway glad to say it went really well so thanks again for help.

I am now wanting to set up an investigation/science area with resources children can access independently. Has anyone got any ideas to get me started? What are the best resources to purchase etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Just a few quick ideas to get you started - Discovery bottles (if you do a search these have been discussed before), magnets and different objects which are/are not magnetic, kaleidoscopes and mirror pieces to create own effects with nice sequins/beads/bits of feathers, magnifying glasses and a variety of natural materials (pine cones, shells etc), colour spinners and glasses made out of different colours of translucent plastic; also think about things that can be taken apart - risk assessment and general talk needed - old clock etc.

I'll be following this thread with interest as I'm looking for new ideas.

I was also going to suggest discovery bottles! Also - what about 5 boxes/bags/drawers with things to investigate using the different senses - these can be changed regularly to keep interest and the children could also add their own objects?

Green Hippo x

Thanks for all your help and replies. Have moved furniture around today to make space for the investigation area. Have put magnets out and are going to start making discovery bottles and adding more to the area tomorrow.

Cathb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)