Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enterprise 'open Afternoon And Evening'

Hi everyone,

Our Head has decided that next week we the whole school will be open to the parents for the afternoon and evening and that each class has to run an 'enterprise' but this does not mean making money. I have not got a clue what to do with my reception class as they have to be there running it.

Any ideas what I can get thirty five year olds to do for a whole afternoon and evening? It was suggested we run a cafe but I can't get people to understand that if we're not working in exact money or pennies the kids won't cope! Aargh! Thought about running a treasure hunt but all the work is before & I'm not sure what the children would do while the parents are looking around. Also thought about an art gallery but again, what do thirty five year olds do while the parent's are looking around?

I may seem really negative but this just seems so KS2 orientated. Have lots of ideas for things the children could organise but I'm struggling with how the children are involved while the parents are wandering around all afternoon and evening!

Help, help, help!

Fluffchuffnuts :o

Guest LornaW

Hi

Why not make your room the 'Play room'

come and see what you can do with the equipment resources, painting, drawing, playing in the sand, rolling dough, playing in the water etc etc. In other words child initiated for a day and an evening!

Many aprents take their children to play schemes etc and play for them to di it and you have it on your doorstep!

Just imagine how involved your children will get if they have child initiated for all day and an evening it will b amazing. You could also run a snack bar for them to join in with.

Good lcuk!

Lorna

What a lovely simple idea! I always seem to make things more complicated than they need to.

Thanks for your reply from a pregnant lady on the verge of hysteria! (Fluffychuffnuts)

Guest LornaW

Fluffychuffnuts in your condition even more important to keep it simple.

One of my mottos is 'less is more'

Lorna

could you get the children to take photos of their favorite activties and put it on a slide show on the white board. We have this in playgroup just on our laptop though parents really enjoy this and we also have speech bubbles with childrens comments hanging over the various areas. It sort of sells the play based approach,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)