Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Free Stuff From The Dentist

Rea

I know I read recently of someone getting free toothbrushes? from the dentist, or a pack of some kind. If any of you clever folk can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful :o:D

In the past I have had stuff sent from Colgate whose offices are in Guildford. We received mini toothpastes, posters and colouring sheets it think.... Can't find the telephone number tho. On line search maybe?!

We have just had a visit from the dental health lady who works for the local NHS. She came in with a huge wicker basket and was in role from the moment she was outside the door. She had two old and tatty puppets - a dog and a crocodile (teeth connection of course!). One tried really hard to convince everyone he had brushed his teeth but he hadn't and when sent back in the basket to fetch his brush came back with every kind of brush under the sun bar the toothbrush. He also said he had a photo of some lovely teeth which was really a big mirror so when the children had a look they could see their lovely teeth! We all had enormous fun and even the youngest 3 year olds sat utterly engaged for 35 mins plus. In the past she has also used other storylines but they were all things we could manage to do on our own since we are used to being theatrical!!

Another good idea we've used is cutting up egg trays into trips of about 6 per person and painting them white (toothpaste) using a toothbrush, instructing the children to ensure they get right in the cracks, on top, round the side etc. They could see where they had been and which bits they had missed - just like really brushing!

Good luck!

We had our health visitor in last week talking to the children about toothbrushing. She too had a puppet ( a horse called Trigger with very big teeth :D ) and Trigger brought his toothbrush (enormous!), toothpaste and a lunch box with a variety of 'food' to talk about what is good and not good for teeth. she also had a Singing Kettle video but unfortunately we don't have a TV! :o At the end she gave each child a pack containing a toothbrush, toothpaste and leaflet about toothbrushing. :)

Sounds like you both had lovely ladies...I could be one of those!! I'll phone somebodys dentist for stuff and go to the library. Thanks :D

Will also get everyone eating eggs so we can make some dentures. :D