Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Schools That Dont Use Pips

Hi just thought i would start a discussion again on baseline. If you have a large % of pupils on entry that dont score point 1 are you linking their starting point from their months in Dev Matters. Does anyone have a format they update the info on so you can show progression for pre profile data. I know its been mentioned on here before the use of a baseline booklet from communication4all.

Thanks

I have been thinking about baseline myself. We don't use Pips and I want to make sure my baseline assessment is accurate. I am having the pre-school visit 3 times this half term for an hour an a time, I am making lots of observations and feel like I am getting to know most of them now. The pre-school keep learning journey's so I will be able to look through them, they don't link their obs to the development matters so I don't ever really know where the children are when they come in. I will spend the first 6 weeks making observations etc, but when I did my baseline last year I still felt I didn't have enough evidence to fully grade them. How to other people manage this? Also my I feel that children have actually learnt a lot in those 6 weeks so the baseline doesn't show this.

I was going to print out the development matters for 30-50 months for those children not yet working in scale points 1 - 3. Can anyone offer advise about works well for them?

Thanks

KST x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)