Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Class Teacher Interview~ Any Ideas?

Hey, I have an Foundation Stage Teacher interview looming next week, I have to do an activity of my choice with 6 children for no more than 20mins and prepare and present a 5~10 min presentation of what an effective early years class should look like. I had an interview last\week where I did a music activity but I didnt get the job so i'm reluctant to do the same activity again! also I'm not sure how to approach the presentation, I intended to do a powerpoint presentation but have been told there won't be facilities for that, just a flip chart! I'm stressing out a bit as I'm trying to update all my children's profiles for parents evening next week too so any good ideas would be a huge help!!! Thank you

Use a fav book that you love and develop ideas from that? Use props to model the story, get the children to act it out?? Remember they are looking for your enthusiasm and interactions. Presentation wise how about producing a few booklets with the 6 areas of learning and how you have covered them using photos and annotations. Then you could chat your way through that.Also mention the 4 key areas; unique child etc.

good luck!

What would you have put in your power point? You can present that in a different way. Have you any photos that you can take along to talk about?

What was the feedback that you had this week? If it wasn't the lesson , why not do that again? And even if it was, was it so disastrous that you can't improve upon it.? However, you should choose something that you are really comfortable with or your nerves will get the better of you!

Good luck.

Do you have any photos of displays/classroom environments of yours that you could take along for the presentation? I was on an interview panel a while ago and the candidate did a presentation showing how you can cover the 6 areas of learning within the classroom- with examples for some of the main areas within a classroom eg sand/water/construction etc. That is mainly based on the early years class environment but you might want to go into more detail about an early years class, set up, routines etc- depends how you interpret the title really!

Use a fav book that you love and develop ideas from that? Use props to model the story, get the children to act it out?? Remember they are looking for your enthusiasm and interactions. Presentation wise how about producing a few booklets with the 6 areas of learning and how you have covered them using photos and annotations. Then you could chat your way through that.Also mention the 4 key areas; unique child etc.

good luck!

I have been told that I can do powerpoint as a hand out now so I suppose that coud be classed as a booklet, with illlustrations/photos and annotations!? The last interview I had, was for Nursery and I did a music type activity which the pannel said they enjoyed so I could do that again adapting it for foundation but I did consider doing an interactive phonics activity based on initial sounds??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)