Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths Area

Hello

Can I just ask what different things....related to number recognition you put on your maths area?

I just want some new fresh ideas...

We have been putting the same games out on the table for a while now and the chn are becoming very bored and disinterested in them....we have not got lots of money but would love some fresh ideas

Thank you

Hi, we had same issues and stopped to think about interests of children. Ben 10 came to the rescue for many boys - if we put out images of Ben 10, the counting and engaement was upped - time intensive due to changing interests, but does work for many children!

Jenni

• 8 months later...

I am beginning to think about ideas for math activities for a year two class and one child is very disinterested so I might also try this idea what way did you create the activity?

• 4 months later...
I am beginning to think about ideas for math activities for a year two class and one child is very disinterested so I might also try this idea what way did you create the activity?

at my school we've just done an active maths month and yr 2 put out an interactive display in the shared area outside the 2 classrooms that linked to their other work, this week it's winnie the witch. The children have accessed it at various times and looked at making spells (with measures and with counting plastic frogs, spiders etc), doubles, halves, number bonds. They've changed it in line with the literacy and numeracy focus and it's worked really, really well. Children out working with the TA can be split into 2 groups and other groups can go out to work at the Maths Spot at appropriate times - they love it!

Natterer x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)