Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need Some Help With My Homework Task

Hi everyone

I am posting this in the middle of the night, because i can't sleep thinking about it.

Just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas, I have some, but just wanted to if you have any exciting new ideas too.

Homework task

Develop one area of continuous provision in your seeting.

Do the following:

involve the children

complete the provision Area Planning card

Make sure it is quality rather than quantity

please help and thank you for being helpful

Many thanks

Edited by katehart

Hi we had to do this at college a few years ago, I decided to do something for outdoor provision and as the children were enjoying playing with the vehicles and were playing 'petrol stations' we decided together to make a garage area. we used the very large blocks for ramps, walls etc, the children decided that they needed signs etc, price lists. I actually work in nursery but was able to have a mixed group of nursery/ reception children. We made a large box into a petrol pump and we also went for walks to look at real garages and took photos for ideas. We were able to get the parents involved by providing old tyres and tubes etc I took lots of photos for evidence and then made a booklet with the children so that they could all share it.

My friend did a re-vamp of the 'writing area', I think they choose a theme e.g Traditional tales and then worked out what sort of things they would like/need in the ares and then went around to find resourses.

I hope that is of some help. You could always look at the continuous provision sheets available in the resourses and see if anything is mentioned on them that you know that your children are enjoying at the moment.

Cath

Edited by katekit

Hi we had to do this at college a few years ago, I decided to do something for outdoor provision and as the children were enjoying playing with the vehicles and were playing 'petrol stations' we decided together to make a garage area. we used the very large blocks for ramps, walls etc, the children decided that they needed signs etc, price lists. I actually work in nursery but was able to have a mixed group of nursery/ reception children. We made a large box into a petrol pump and we also went for walks to look at real garages and took photos for ideas. We were able to get the parents involved by providing old tyres and tubes etc I took lots of photos for evidence and then made a booklet with the children so that they could all share it.

My friend did a re-vamp of the 'writing area', I think they choose a theme e.g Traditional tales and then worked out what sort of things they would like/need in the ares and then went around to find resourses.

I hope that is of some help. You could always look at the continuous provision sheets available in the resourses and see if anything is mentioned on them that you know that your children are enjoying at the moment.

Cath

Thanks Cath

What a lovely idea thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)