Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Presentation For New Parents

Hi

Can anyone help please. I have to do a presentation to new parents and wonder if anyone has any presentations that they have used to tell parents about what to expect in the reception class.

Thanks

julescc272

I showed a slide show of lots of child initiated activities (and some directed tasks to show we still do teach!) from last year and explained briefly about some of the learning taking place - e.g developing fine motor control for writing when we saw a photo of a child fastening up a doll's cardigan buttons, and gross motor skills using big brushes and pots of water outside. I tried to get a widw variety of acivities and learning opportunities. Like most EYFS praxctitioners we have soooo many photos.

One parent told me she found it really warm and quite emotional and was so excited her little girl was joining our school, which was nice.

Head also talks about official bits.

I showed a slide show of lots of child initiated activities (and some directed tasks to show we still do teach!) from last year and explained briefly about some of the learning taking place - e.g developing fine motor control for writing when we saw a photo of a child fastening up a doll's cardigan buttons, and gross motor skills using big brushes and pots of water outside. I tried to get a widw variety of acivities and learning opportunities. Like most EYFS praxctitioners we have soooo many photos.

One parent told me she found it really warm and quite emotional and was so excited her little girl was joining our school, which was nice.

Head also talks about official bits.

Hi

Thanks for reasuring me me - I just had a slide show ongoing as people came in and then talked them thro the 6 areas of learning so sounds pretty similar!

Thanks for your help.

Julie xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)