Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inspection Systems In The Reggio Approach

hello! does anyone know if the reggio schools are subject to any kind of inspection similar to the ofsted inspection of eysf settings?? have spent hours researching but clearly looking in the wrong places x

I seem to be following you around this morning Vickij. :o

To answer your question.......I have no idea really, never thought about this before and I have studied lots about different teaching/learning approaches during my FD studies.

I feel a bit of googling coming on and I will watch this thread with interest. Will let you know if I learn anything. xD

Guest LornaW

I do not think schools or settings purporting to be Reggio have a pure Reggio philosophy aas Reggio themselves say their philosophy is not transportable as it is very particular to that part of Italy. I think there are schools and settings using a Reggio approach and I am sure they will be Ofsteded in just the same way as any other school.

Montessori and Steiner etc are philosophies that are the same the world over which is why some of them have oprted out of the EYFS.

Lorna

hi guys thanks for the responses- its kind of answered what i already thought interms of reggio approach used here, that is they will still be subject to ofsted of course.. my thought extended beyond that and i was thinking of THE schools in italy and what italian law states. My essay question is to compare and contrast two models of curriculum. was hoping to be able to discuss inpections...maybe not after all!!!

thanks again

x :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)