Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bears

We are covering the topic of bears up until easter has anyone got any good ideas for adult led activities to cover physical development and personal and social development. We have used the book the bear hunt and took the children outside to act out the story which they really enjoyed.

Also need ideas to set up interesting activities for the children to accsess independently. We will be making a bear cave with the children in the role play area but other ideas greatly appreciated.

Teddy bears picnic-let the children have a picnic area where the teddy bears go. What sort of games would they play? What sort of food? Pack a picnic hamper.

The little bear books, Can't you sleep little bear, Let's go home little bear are good ones for PSED. They allow children to talk about things that scare them and emotions.

Linda

Goldilocks and the three bears lends itself to maths, size and volume.

And our children love the song "When Goldilocks went to the house of the bears"

Peggy

Teddy bears picnic-let the children have a picnic area where the teddy bears go. What sort of games would they play? What sort of food? Pack a picnic hamper.

The little bear books, Can't you sleep little bear, Let's go home little bear are good ones for PSED. They allow children to talk about things that scare them and emotions.

Linda

27088[/snapback]

Children could bring bears in from home and make observational drawings or paintings, write name labels for their bears, write a sentence about their bear, discuss old and new bears, design/make a bed or house for their bear using shoe boxes etc. Physical and PSE - children could work together building a house/bed/chair etc out of lego, stickle bricks, softplay equip. for bears indoors or out.

Good luck!

AngieMia

My class loved the 3 bears' rap from Musical Express - musical activities for the foundation stage.

There is a lovely book (but I cannot for the life of me recall the title) about a bear in a cave whose friends can't wake him up and he finally wakes up when it's spring - maybe someone else will know the book I mean? (Just thought it might be topical!)

This is the bear is another nice book - could lend itself to drawing posters "have you seen this bear?" as well as being great for rhyme.

PD: make split pin teddies?

Water tray - compare bears for sorting, counting and matching?

Sand tray: brown bears and blocks etc for small world play?

ICT - I think there is a 3 bears screen in MyWorld

There is a Bear story where little bear keeps waking mum up, not sure if it's the one you know ASPK. It's called "When will it be Spring?"

A favourite at our group.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)