Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Robots

Hello Everyone,

I wondered if anyone had any exciting ideas for a child-led theme based around robots. The children have come up with a few of their own ideas but I would appreciate it if anyone has a topic web or session plans they wouldn't mind sharing.

Thank you so much for your help

Boogie x :o

Hello Everyone,

I wondered if anyone had any exciting ideas for a child-led theme based around robots. The children have come up with a few of their own ideas but I would appreciate it if anyone has a topic web or session plans they wouldn't mind sharing.

Thank you so much for your help

Boogie x :o

I know there is a book called Harry makes a robot (from series of Harry and Bucketful of Dinosaurs). Other than the obvious junk modelling robots not being very creative! x

Guest jenpercy

you be the robot and get the children programme you. you can do things like spin on the spot, if they say turn round so you can make them be more specific

You can do loads of positional language - getting them to pretend to be robots and follow your instructions.

Lots of shape work when creating their own robots - learning the names of 3D shapes / which shapes are suitable.

Sorting of different materials - what materials would be suitabe to make a robot.

Lots of labelling activities for the different materials / parts of the robot. Link to learning about the different parts of the body.

Can't think of anything else right now sorry!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)