Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Release Time For Profile

Hi there

We're having a bit of a discussion in our school at the moment - do you get release time inaddition to PPa to complete and moderate your profile. Our Reception stafff have been told that there was money sent to school to pay for cover so the profiles could be completed and moderated - we were just wondering if people were given extra time to do this as there was seemed to be some funding there - as it happens the 3 staff will be given half a day. what happens in your school ?

Hi Suebee,

I'm in a Reception class in Northamptonshire and I wasn't given any extra time to complete or moderate the profiles, although I think this is a good idea as I had to miss 2 weeks worth of PPA time in a row for a moderation meeting and the moderation visit - very annoying when reports and other things need to be done!

Rosie

Hi, I work in Birmingham and on a recent Early Years Cluster meeting we were told and given 'in writing' that Reception teachers are entitled to 3 days a year out of class to do assessments/profile. These days are funded within the budget given to the school. I went back to school to show the head this as I never knew, and he was happy to give me those days when I want them.

I don't know if this is the same outside Birmingham but I imagine so.

Edited by Guest

ours is a birmingham school and that's what our Reception teachers were told too - and so they have half a day :o

My moderation meeting happened to be during my PPA, so I lost it. I don't officially get time out of classroom but we do a whole school training day for moderation of sats writing across classes, so I do profile then. Would probably ask for time otherwise. It's not enough, I am profiling and analysing every night just now, value added, total number, averages, compare with last year, girls and boys, soa, summer birthdays, closing some gap?....I'm sure you all are too!

Are you a Reception teacher with responsibilty for Assessment?

If not the surely you shouldn't be analysing data....unless its for your own benefit, that should be carried out by the standards and assessment leader, who should be on the school SMT.

We have a moderator in yearly and moderate between two classes throughout the year as the need arises. We complete the e profile based on learning journeys etc and then this information is available for the SMT and assessment leader to analyse.

It just seems to be a lot of extra work....especially if you are not getting paid a management point or getting extra time off.

Just my view on things :o

No I am not on SMT, small school, 1 form entry, no nursery, so I am foundation stage coordinator of me and my TA, head used to do it but has asked me to do it, with explanations which could possibly explain any changes in trends over the years - ups and downs. Just thought this was part of my role! I present the data to my head, deputy and assessment coordinator. To be honest it has helped my whole understanding but am still amazed at how statistics can be interpreted say all sorts! I had just done the analysis the weekend before our ofsted two years ago which was great as I had all the info at my fingertips - I had to discuss the profile with them as Foundation stage coordinator.

We are a 4 form entry Infant School who are going to moderation on Monday.

We were each given the day yesterday .... half a day to update learning journals/profiles and the afternoon to internally moderate across the year group to check we were all secure in our levelling and consistant across the year group.

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)