Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Taster Sessions

We put a range of different activities for the children to experience, for example, dough rollers and cutters, paint, jigsaws, construction, writing tools etc. We let the children explore the setting and see if any of them have eny particular preferences. The children usually come with their parents for the first session so it gives us chance to have a chat with each set of parents. We also have a short time in the outdoor area where we can briefly look at the children's gross motor skills.

We always finish off our sessions with a short story time on the carpet - you get to see who can sit nicely and listen and who will need some support when the start school!!!!!

Hope this helps :o

I do all of the above and also take the children on a little tour of the school - we have goats and rabbits so they are always a point of interest. We also get the children to draw a picture of themselves using fabric crayons. Then over the summer break I iron their picture onto a cushion. When they arrive on their first day of school the cushions are there on the carpet ready for them to sit on. These cushions stay in school for the first term then they take them home. If costs us about 50-60 pounds for 30 cushions but it is worth it and parents love it too.

I do all of the above and also take the children on a little tour of the school - we have goats and rabbits so they are always a point of interest. We also get the children to draw a picture of themselves using fabric crayons. Then over the summer break I iron their picture onto a cushion. When they arrive on their first day of school the cushions are there on the carpet ready for them to sit on. These cushions stay in school for the first term then they take them home. If costs us about 50-60 pounds for 30 cushions but it is worth it and parents love it too.

I do the same - I always try to include a quick sing song too as they seem to love this!

My children come in for lots of visits and have been coming throughout the year for the odd visit so sometimes have had a creative activity out that they can do if they wish.

On the formal induction morning when the whole school has their shunt up say i usually asked thr children to paint a picture of themselves so I can put it up as a display when they first arrive. We are also having a teddy bears picnic for children and parents so during their visits i thought i might get the children to make a teddy mat or mask which they can use at the teddybears picnic.

It is exciting! x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)