Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Easter Egg Baskets/boxes

post-1979-1110631630_thumb.jpgHere is a simple basket you can make it any size - add a handle if you wish either with card or curling ribbon. Tie corners together with curling ribbon.

Hi,

I've always made Easter baskets with the 16 square folded method. It doesnt really matter which size paper you start with but the smaller the paper the stronger the basket!

I do tend to use A4 paper though because this is easier for the children to handle.

SO make paper square and put off cut to one side

fold paper in half, then in half again, half again and half again (good discussion here about shapes changing!)

open up paper and on any 2 opposite sides cut down the fold mark one square from the corner for one square.

fold corners in and secure

with rectangle discard fold in half lengthways and attach to sides as a handle.

You can use coloured paper or white paper and decorate squares after folding and before assembling.

post-1979-1110587437_thumb.jpgTake an A4 piece of card - slice off a strip 3cm wide along the long side - this is the handle.

With the other rectangle make 9 equally spaced cuts from the long edge into the centre from each side - leaving about 3cm running down the middle, these flaps form the side of the basket and are held together with a staple

For a simple basket wash out children's milk cartons, cut to size and add a handle. Stick colourful paper around carton to decorate. Before sticking could decorate paper with yellow finger prints add a beak & eyes etc - chicks! or brown/white thumb prints add ears and a fluffy tail - rabbits!

Good luck

Angie

I like AngiMia's basket too we have made these before using all sizes of boxes, My children are older and uses scissors independently they use a stapler as well.

Hi

We cut out two circles and one longish piece of card for the handle, fold each of the circles in half, then staple them together - that way the children can do everything themselves. we then add straw, and put a cream egg inside.

G

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)