Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

High Scope

Hi!

Dealing with a child with difficult behaviour who we suspect may have ADHD and certainly has issues with concentration and decision making. Our development officer suggested the High Scope approach in passing, but I don't know much about it and can't find much information anywhere. Anyone know anything that might help?

Thanks

Krissy

Okay!

Can't believe it but I just read some of the topics from the last few weeks and I must have put the serch in wrong because it didn't show up last weeks discussion all about High/Scope - I wasn't using the slash! Thanks for the tips from that - very useful site, but not sure how I impliment this for my problem child!

Krissy

No Im not sure how you would operate it for one but I suppose you could give him some choice so that he remains focused. He could tell you perhaps which of 2 activities he is going to start at?

I have also seen visual timetables used very effectively recently to give all children and particularly those like this some structure. The change in activities then does not come as quite such a shock and enables you to be more consistent perhaps?

Thanks Susan!

I think I like the idea of giving him a kind of planning session at the beginning of his day and looking at giving him some kind of visual timetable - off to try laminating lots of cards! The concept of Plan Do Review really sounds like it might help him to focus in on things.

Krissy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)