Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Camping Week

Hi all

we are thinking of having a camping week in our little woodland area. We are part-time nursery so will need to repeat the session twice daily for all children to experience.

The children have suggested a barbeque and hot chocolate. I would love to make it a big week of camping. Has anyone done anything like this before and what activities might you suggest?

Hi De Hi

Apple :o

We went on a forest day and painted pictures using twigs, mud flowers etc - that might be nice. Also collecting twigs, leaves stones etc to make natural collage - using digital cameras to record the results - cant think of much else at the mo

ems

• 1 month later...
Hi all

we are thinking of having a camping week in our little woodland area. We are part-time nursery so will need to repeat the session twice daily for all children to experience.

The children have suggested a barbeque and hot chocolate. I would love to make it a big week of camping. Has anyone done anything like this before and what activities might you suggest?

Hi De Hi

Apple :o

Hi apple- just wondering how your week of camping went? Am thinking of something similar-although at the mo it is quite hot for lots of the good ideas! any info you can share would be fantastic!

Sorry, new to forum so missed this thread.

I've taken pre-schoolers to "Forest school" before and we...

learned how to make a camp fire (yes, including using spark makers to start the fire),

built little houses/environments with forest materials such as twigs, leaves, stones

made hats etc from willow branches

made clay woodland animals

cut slices from branches with saws and made our own little wooden medallions which we decorated

I love Forest School!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)