Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Timetable

I'm really unhappy with the way we run our F2 classes at the moment. I don't think it embraces the ethos of learning through play although we claim to be doing that. The children are actually just playing while we get on with formal writing/number in the mornings and individual reading especially in the afternoons when we are supposed to be working alongside the children and observing.

Does anyone have a sample timetable that they use and that works really well and has a good balance that I could look at, please?

Also is anyone else stuck with Abacus Evolve? What do you think of it?

Also is anyone else stuck with Abacus Evolve? What do you think of it?

We have some of the workbooks left over from last year and I think the teacher used the scheme a lot last year, however I hate maths schemes with a passion and would far rather devise my own lessons and activities. The one thing I have used the leftover booklets for since easter though is the pages of additions and subtractions. Many in my class are at the point where they needed to practise, practise, practise and I wanted them to get used to them outside real life and practical situations. These books saved me having to write out or type up pages of sums for them to do, although this isn't something I would be doing regularly anyway!

THank you the Kented advice is what I was looking for.

Are the 3 sessions from 10.45 - 12.00 whole class or group times led by teacher or TA?

Guest LornaW
THank you the Kented advice is what I was looking for.

Are the 3 sessions from 10.45 - 12.00 whole class or group times led by teacher or TA?

The three sessions would be small group times led by both teachers and TAs and one large group time with all adults.

Hope this helps.

Lorna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)