Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

National Standards

Hi all

What I find really strange is that when oFSTED inspect out of school club they only really look at EYFS. So my question is are the national standards still important?

Just thinking would it be good idea for new manager to be interviewed on EYFS and this or is it no longer applicable?

I have a really good document about setting up school club from Gloucestershire CC but it was written in 2006!!

Any advice appreciated!

I thought EYFS replaced National Standards for ALL childcare in September 2008? That's Pre-School, day nurseries, childminders and out of school clubs.

If I'm wrong someone will be along soon to correct me!!

Guest jenpercy

OFSTED willcertainly look only at EYFS. They will look at other children if they think that they have an impact onEYFS children. They thought our older children were too boisterous for the little ones. It is certainly a good idea for the new Manager to be au fait with the EYFS, but I think that it is at least as important that s/he is able to see what older children need - if only because if you don't get it right their "boisterous" behaviour will definately impact on little ones!

OFSTED willcertainly look only at EYFS. They will look at other children if they think that they have an impact onEYFS children. They thought our older children were too boisterous for the little ones. It is certainly a good idea for the new Manager to be au fait with the EYFS, but I think that it is at least as important that s/he is able to see what older children need - if only because if you don't get it right their "boisterous" behaviour will definately impact on little ones!

This is my point exactly! We only have say about 6 EYFS children in per session and the rest are 6yrs plus! Im relatively new to childcare (about 2 years and so it was all EYFS when I joined). As i thought this Gloucestershire doc is old but having read it did remind me of the welfare requirments of the EYFS. Thanks for the info guys and any help with my next topic please!!!

Guest jenpercy
This is my point exactly! We only have say about 6 EYFS children in per session and the rest are 6yrs plus! Im relatively new to childcare (about 2 years and so it was all EYFS when I joined). As i thought this Gloucestershire doc is old but having read it did remind me of the welfare requirments of the EYFS. Thanks for the info guys and any help with my next topic please!!!

The National Standards roughly equate to Welfare Requirements. if the document is good, use it, my policies don't refer directly to which part of Welfare requirements, but very little has changed. I still recommend membership of 4children, they have a policy pack AND it is mapped to both Natonal Standards and EYFS, showing new stuff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)