Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Teepees!

Don't think I have seen this anywhere, apologies if I have missed it!

Does anyone have any bright ideas ( simple too!!) for making teepees?!!

I am talking each child making one. I did succeed today using those miniature garden type sticks and paper that the children had drawn patterns on. There was too much adult input for my liking and sure there must be a simpler method somewhere!

Any idea greatfully received! (oh if you hadn't guessed we are doing houses and homes!)

Hi Geraldine,

I haven't tried this but would it work if the children used a small ball of clay to hold the top of 3 sticks to make the "triangle" and then pre cut cones of paper wrapped round :o

Peggy

or maybe material would be easier instead of paper, and offer different sensory experience with different types of materials.

I know it's a cop out, but couldn't you just use cones of paper or card? The children could perhaps cut out a door way? After all, if you were making cars you wouldn't try and make the engine, would you! As long as you have some pictures of the real thing the children will know that sticks are used in real life!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)