Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Makaton

Hi, I haven't posted a topic on here before so forgive me if I get it all wrong. I work part time at a pre school and am starting my NVQ3 in sept - this site is fantastically helpful! But I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on where to get hold of information/books on makaton. I missed the training session that was scheduled my for my setting and I would really like to know more about makaton. Can anyone help :D

Hi mel,

Welcome! :D Did any of the others in your setting manage to get to the training? Perhaps they could spend a bit of time filling you in? Good luck with the NVQ3. Be sure to look at all the wonderful help articles on the forum won't you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mel

Am new to the site too-but have found it very helpful in lots of areas- look out for the 'Something Special' programmes on BBC(link on Makaton site to C Beebies) -my class love them but I find them helpful too as I am still in the infancy stages of learning as well!

Also excellent nursery rhyme video (cant remember the guys name -will let u know)

Good luck

Jules