Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We Have Grass...

Hi Everyone,

The turf was layed today in the new building, it looks amazing. We find out tomorrow how much of our funding application has been allocated, we asked for 21, 000, so fingers crossed, although I seriously doubt we will get anywhere near that amount. Anyway we will be placing an order of some decription on Friday.

Will post some pictures soon...promise.

Well done glad to hear of your sucess.

I'm also waiting for the outcome of a Capital Grant application but am getting so cross; the original remit was to enhance outdoor play, I've had to cut out our sandpit/beach area and the den we wanted as our SIP thinks they cost too much and a cardboaard box would do, and here is me thinking that "capital" meant something that was a fixed and a permanant asset, not the category I would put a cardboard box in!! but what do I know.

We will have to wait until at least the first week in June before we find out. After all the effort of putting the application in I'm now getting to the stage of if we get just anything then that will be a bonus. Maybe when we get nearer to "the day" I will be as excited as you are.

So fingers crossed for today and I hope that you can write out your shopping list later on.

BMG

xD I guess I should stop writing about our move, sorry.

Oh don't do that cupcake........sorry if you felt ignored. I hope you get what you need in the way of funding and please do let us know how it goes today.

We were refused a grant because we don't have a lease.......a very long story going back years but I do like to hear of the success of others. Looking forward to the piccies! :o

Well done glad to hear of your sucess.

I'm also waiting for the outcome of a Capital Grant application but am getting so cross; the original remit was to enhance outdoor play, I've had to cut out our sandpit/beach area and the den we wanted as our SIP thinks they cost too much and a cardboaard box would do, and here is me thinking that "capital" meant something that was a fixed and a permanant asset, not the category I would put a cardboard box in!! but what do I know.

We will have to wait until at least the first week in June before we find out. After all the effort of putting the application in I'm now getting to the stage of if we get just anything then that will be a bonus. Maybe when we get nearer to "the day" I will be as excited as you are.

So fingers crossed for today and I hope that you can write out your shopping list later on.

BMG

Hi BMG. Because we were refused the capital grant we fund raised and have started developing our outdoor area. In the last few Saturdays we have had parents come out of the woodwork to help dig out a permanent sandpit which we are covering with a pond liner and asking parents to donate 1 bag of sand each at £4/5 so we can fill it. Failing that there are certain large DIY chains who could possibly be persuaded to look kindly at charitable needs in the community and perhaps will fill our sandpit out of the goodness of their hearts. We have also ordered a pirate ship (don't know the cost) and a system of pulleys to use with sand play.

The sand pit liner was donated and we bought railway sleepers for the edges for next to nothing so it doesn't have to be expensive. So even if your SIP thinks spending money on your sand/beach area is too costly there are ways of cutting costs.

Good luck anyway in your application.....hope you hear from them soon :o

• 1 month later...

Well I'm back again with my good news... but first things first, how are things going with your plans Cupcake?

...well after lots of conversations "cutting back this bit" and "find something else to replace that with" I have had confirmation and have signed the agreement for a very large sum. This is to extend our baby room, put in some doors to give us direct access to outdoors, some safety surfacing, UVA canopy and for the demolition of the old sheds which stop us having outdoor access and a few other bits and pieces.

So to say I am a tad chuffed is putting it mildly, now lets get that planning permission sorted... I hope that we can get it all done before winter weather sets in.

Thanks for all the encouraging words on here. When I think of the number of times I thought "what's the point" I can't jump through anymore of our LA's hoops; it has been so worth the six months of blood, sweat and tears - oh yes there were lots of tears over this I can assure you - I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

BMG :(:(xD:o

Edited by BMG