Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Prospectus

Hi, I am thinking of working with our nursery children to create a Children's Prospectus - a booklet to share with new children joining the setting but made by our current children. I think it would be a great way for the children to voice thier own thoughts on what they like about the nursery. I am thinking of using a combinations of photographs and interviews to pull it together. I would give the chidren the camera to use themselves and I would transcribe thier comments.

I was wondering if anyone else had repared something similar and would be really interested in hearing your experiences.

Many thanks!

Ive done it with my reception children - they had the digital camera and then wrote captions to go with their pictures. Some children drew pictures too and some had a go at typing their caption on the computers. We put it together over the week until the children were happy with it. they took it very seriously and wanted to include all their favourite things! It was also a fab way of covering a weeks planning!!

Brilliant idea! We have one for the parents of course, but what a great idea to do one for the children. Guess what we'll be doing after half term... Thanks!

I did something similar for my dissertation, getting children's views on a particular subject. Have a look for "The Mosaic Approach" by Alison Clark and Peter Moss. They have a book called "Listening to children: The Mosaic Approach". This will help you to plan for your activity and have a better understanding of what children are telling you.

Its amazing when a child takes a photograph of something that is prominent in the centre of the photo, but really the item they are wanting to show you is in the background of the photo!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)