Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Organising Fsu

Hi everyone, I posted on here a little while ago to say that we are starting a FSU in September with 1 class of mixed Nursery and Reception chn. Following further discussions it has been decided that the N chn will be split so some attend am and some pm while obviously the R chn will attend all day, making about 21 per session in total. There will be 3 FT adults to staff the unit. I am thinking that the chn will be divided into 6 grps- 3 to work with adults in the am session and 3 in the pm session. We are planning to have 2 groups a day to work with, and are trying to decide the best way to do this- Either having an area of learning a day and all adults working with chn to complete an activity or each adult taking a different area of learning for the week and working with all chn across the week- what do people do and which works best? Also I am thinking that we share the chn out between us as 'focus chn' and observe those chn during the week etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

What about child initiated learning where the R and N children play together, taking the initiative and the adults play alongside them, interacting at appropriate moments?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)