Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Often Do You Do Circle Time?

Is it a definite Circle Time ie PSED based or is it a gathering that sits in a circle and covers a variety of topics?

We currently do the latter mainly as our children are all new to English they struggle to talk about feelings. We gather once a day and produce an A4 planning sheet which covers a full week.

I will see if I can upload it but I'm not very technical. :o

We are begining to think that we are doing too much planning ... Circle Time, Letters and Sounds (X2) plus 4 crazy lesson plans which are very unsuitable but have to be done! xD Just interested in what others are doing.

Thanks.

Are you reception? In my reception class I currently do 1 circle time a week which is PSED activity based on feelings etc. We follow the SEAL programme for it. I do a very brief plan which has the learning objective and overview of what is to be discussed, plus we usually play a game or two. I may do an additional circle time if something in particular comes up that is concerning the children.

As for general speaking and listening/general discussions, I just do ad hock when they arise and don't plan them. May scribble something on my plan if I think there are relevant next steps.

KST x

But should have said, if you feel your children need it more and you can plan for their particular needs then its fine to it how you are. You know your children and their needs.

We follow the SEAL programme too. I have a SEAL morning on a monday. I love my SEAL morings! we do a circle time then and other related things ut like KST just as and when needed. x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)