Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Manager

Hi all

So when we get a new manager of school club what forms do OFSTED require?

Is it EY2 which I have just done as committee member?

What form is the health declaration one? Does manager also have to see Dr?

I have just read another post and take it she ill be interviewed by OFSTED as suitable person.

Anything else anyone can think of?

I know once she starts we fill out EY3 to tell them the change also...anyone else feel like its a paperwork nightmare??

Plus anyone got any suitable interview questions? have had a quick look on forum already.

Thanks

Edited by marley

Hi

I have just been in this situation, but as the new leader.

I had to fill in a EY2 and EY3 form.

Ofsted will then send Leader/Supervisor the health declaration form that needs to be completed. I completed the first 2 sections, then I needed to get my doctor to fill in the last section. But be warned Doctor's will charge for this...my charged £20 to fill in a couple of boxes!

Ofsted also sent me a verification form to completed - this is to ensure that I can verify who I say I am. I also completed another CRB form (you only had to complete this if you have not had a crb done by ofsted within the last 3 years), mine was due to run out so I completed it anyway.

In regards to interview, My LA has told me that the main issue that is coming up in the interviews is Safeguarding and Wellbeing of the children and of course the understanding of the EYFS including ratio's etc. I haven't had mine yet, but I have been told that the interviews tend to be later rather than sooner, some say after 5 months and I am also aware of people who haven't had them after 2 years! I was also advised by my LA that a new Leader/supervisor will trigger an Ofsted Inspection :o . We only had one last September and received a good, but it is still a worry!

Hope this helps.

Sarah

Hi

I have just been in this situation, but as the new leader.

I had to fill in a EY2 and EY3 form.

Ofsted will then send Leader/Supervisor the health declaration form that needs to be completed. I completed the first 2 sections, then I needed to get my doctor to fill in the last section. But be warned Doctor's will charge for this...my charged £20 to fill in a couple of boxes!

Ofsted also sent me a verification form to completed - this is to ensure that I can verify who I say I am. I also completed another CRB form (you only had to complete this if you have not had a crb done by ofsted within the last 3 years), mine was due to run out so I completed it anyway.

In regards to interview, My LA has told me that the main issue that is coming up in the interviews is Safeguarding and Wellbeing of the children and of course the understanding of the EYFS including ratio's etc. I haven't had mine yet, but I have been told that the interviews tend to be later rather than sooner, some say after 5 months and I am also aware of people who haven't had them after 2 years! I was also advised by my LA that a new Leader/supervisor will trigger an Ofsted Inspection :o . We only had one last September and received a good, but it is still a worry!

Hope this helps.

Sarah

Thanks for all that Sarah! I too wondered if the new mangaer etc would trigger OFSTED especially as we are now over the 4 year mark!

Hi

I started as a new manager in my current place in June 2009 and it didn't trigger an inspection,in fact only had it in March this year when we were due. I also found my interview very helpful and it turned into more of a question asking time(by me) rather than a "what do you know about this, that or the other" interview by the inspector.

Hope this helps in small way

good luck with it all, today was my first offical day as pre school leader. I filled in E2 and health booklet (possibly e3 too - there's been so many forms!) Ofsted also sent me another copy of health booklet and crb if needed and just said I may at later date be subject to a suitable person interview. Your new manager shouldn't need to see dr just give forms to dr receptionist, be warned my dr charged over £100 for this!

worried now! we are over the 4 yrs mark, and ive just filled out the EY2, 3 and health declaration booklet, and downloaded the Pre-interview questionnaire... also chasing my tail trying to "fix" anything that's not ready for inspection whilst reading up on what to expect for my EYPS interview.... im sure the health declaration booklet is their security in case one of us has a mental breakdown trying to do everything at once! :o

Ali xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)