Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Water And Sand Play

Hi everyone we are applying for capitol funding and I wondered if anyone knows of any companies which can make a beach type outdoor sand area and water play which flows from one pan to another a la Pen Green. We need quotes pronto!

Looks lovely but just curious, how do you stop animals soiling the area? Also do you think they replace the sand each year? It rather puts our small blue plastic sandpit to shame!! :o

I heard from someone on a conference day and he said

put a tarpualin down with a bag of sand on it leave it for a few weeks if it gets soiled then you have a problem to think about if it doesnt then the animals wont generally use the sand pit.

He said in his area they have done some research and the sand pit does not get anymore soiled than the soil and our children dig in that! They have put open large sand pits into their parks

Suer if you got this from where I think you did I was there too. Sound and useful advice I thought as was that about children not being soluble! Wish I'd known someone from here was going - we could have met up!

It was really a jokey comment but one I'll certainly be using with certain staff who rush everyone in as soon as it starts raining! Basically the presenter meant that children can play in the rain appropriately dressed and will come to no harm.

hey hi

i was at the NW conference in Birmingham, we came up from kent

we could have met up would have been great to meet people on this forum

I enjoyed the day although a lot was packed into the 1 day!

some really good speakers and that quote about the children was an excellent one

Yep I was there too. It was a busy day definitely. Pity we didn't know others were there. Maybe another time.

yup maybe...............KCC paid for us to go, otherwise it would have been an expense dont know i could fork out for

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)