Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childminders Perception On The Eyfs

Guest deborahnixon

Guest deborahnixon

I am thinking about doing something on childminders and their perception on the EYFS. e.g. as it effected their work load e.g. paper work, expectation of training, support from their local authority, ect.

I need to compile a questionairre/interview questions are would appreciate any suggestions.

If fact any suggestions would be appreciated, i have the idea but unsure where to go with this.

Hope someone can help

hi deborah

I am going to do my BA in sept and because i like planning ahead(very sad person i know!!)I am also thinking about doing a very similar question!! Reason being I have worked in many childcare settings(nearly 30 years)in various roles but I also have worked as a childminder.I now work in a childrens centre and part of my role is to engage with childminders and encourage them to access the centre and support them in their role as childminder. I know that many think EYFS is just a lot of paperwork!I know some CMs who have left childminding because of it -on the other hand some say EYFS has helped them in planning,some comment that it has encouraged them to be more proffessional and prompted them to do further training.

Ideas -

Do you feel EYFS helps you to be more efficient in your childminding setting.

Do you feel the children in your setting benefit from you using EYFS.

Do you feel your local authority supported you in EYFS training and when implementing it in your home setting.

Since the introduction of EYFS do you feel you have more or less paper work to do.

Since the introduction of EYFS do you feel you have a better understanding of child development

Hope I have helped a bit! good luck, Unsworth

Guest jenpercy

I would also add questions for CM whose children go to other settings ie how does communication work. To my mind that is the $64 question

Hi

I am just finishing of a dissertation on the exact same topic. Mine was on whether the EYFS actively supports the care/education style of the childminder. I had a small group and asked them to complete a questionnaire. It was on how pre-training courses, how long they had been childminding - then you get the comparison of before and after the implementation if some have been c/m less than the period. Also I aked about changes made to practice what benefits or negatives it had etc. With regard to research on the implementation - last time I investigated pre- election fever this was going to be carried out in Oct - too late for me to use as it has to be in next week. Also NCMA did some research 6 months after it's implementation but has not published the results (as far as I know) because it was done with/for the Dcsf. Had to rely heavily on articles in EYE, and other periodicals.

Hope that helps.

happy 4

Guest deborahnixon

thank you all for your help, you have given me lots to think about

Debbie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)