Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Looked After Child

HI

I know this might sound an odd question but as the topic title might suggest I can't really give any details.

However, does anyone know for sure a PEP is a legal requirement for a Looked After Child.

I might have put this in the wrong place as the child does not have SEN but it is related to inclusion xD

I am not talking about best practice but I need to find 'evidence' that a PEP is a legal requirement and my hunts so far have proved fruitless. There are three schools of thought amongst professionals involved with this child and they are:

PEP definitely a legal requirment and should be done by child's social worker

PEP not a legal requirement

PEP only legal requirement for children of statutory school age

If anyone knows for sure I would be really grateful :o

A PEP is a MUST for all looked after children , pre school or otherwise, though most social workers say not. It is a legal requirement. I have done several for my pre schoolers

A PEP is a MUST for all looked after children , pre school or otherwise, though most social workers say not. It is a legal requirement. I have done several for my pre schoolers

Many thanks and I have literally just had a 'lucky google' and found PEP guidance for looked after children for the very county concerned!! It is very specific guidance including the format of what is included, how it is presented, who should have a copy and all to a timescale and should be initiated by the social worker with contributions from other professionals involved.

I knew in my heart it wasn't an optional issue but needed hard evidence which i found by chance!

THanks again for your reply.

Guest jenpercy
Many thanks and I have literally just had a 'lucky google' and found PEP guidance for looked after children for the very county concerned!! It is very specific guidance including the format of what is included, how it is presented, who should have a copy and all to a timescale and should be initiated by the social worker with contributions from other professionals involved.

I knew in my heart it wasn't an optional issue but needed hard evidence which i found by chance!

THanks again for your reply.

this might be useful

http://education.staffordshire.gov.uk/Pupi...eUsefulDocs.htm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)