Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Displays

Hi guys,

hoping someone can help me as im up the wall with lists of things to do, and i cant come up with anything for a wall display on numbers. The wall is also the background to a shop but doesn't necessarily have to merge with that.

The children do all the work themselves (2-4yrs). any ideas?

Thanks,

Ali

How about a series of little cardboard shopping baskets stuck to the wall, they could then put a number of items in each one. Presumably they are mostly a bit young to recognise the numbers themselves?

Could you make an interactive display e.g 5 currant buns in the bakers shop and they could remove and count the buns? Or speckled frogs, or monkeys jumping on the bed, or 1,2,3,4,5 Once I caought a fish alive - our children made 10 different coloured collage fish which brought colour into it too(- not really a shop of course). My reception class love our huge spiders web they painted, which they add their elephants to, to act out the rhyme, they also add numerals up to 10 which presumably you don't need yet.

Thanks guys....

The display is too high on the wall to be interactive, although we do have lower ones like that, and im keeping that idea in mind for one of my areas now :o

I asked the children if they would like to make shopping baskets on the walls and make the food to go inside them.. they are making them as we speak :) fruit and veg to promote healthy eating too, and they will draw their own numbers and labels, so they are working hard this week.

Thanks again :)

Ali

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)