Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Interview Questions?

Hi everyone. I have an interview for a Reception job on Friday, and have been trying to think of what I might be asked. Has anyone got any ideas of questions I might get? Also, a few weeks ago at an interview I was asked what I thought made a good lesson in the foundation stage. I talked about giving the children opportunities to learn independently and loads of other stuff, but I didn't get the job because apparantly they wanted what Ofsted would consider a good lesson (even though they asked what I thought made a good lesson). The head recommeneded that I type it into the Ofsted website to find out more, but nothing comes up! Does anyone know anything about this? Any help would be appreciated, I really want this job!

Guest muckygravy

I had an interview for a Reception job last week - I didn't get it, I talked too much apparently. The interview went on for forty minutes and they had only allocated me thirty!!!! They didn't tell me this and I couldn't see a clock. They asked 10 questions and I asked 2.

Question 1 - Tell us about yourself, your background, interests and hobbies?

Question 2 - As you will be working in Reception how would you manage the transition of children to Year1 and the importance of the link between Foundation Stage and Year 2?

Question 3 - How would you deal with challenging behaviour?

Question 4 - As we have employed an NQT in Year 1 what experience have you got of mentoring and working with new staff and how would you see your role?

Question 5 - As we are a Catholic school how do you see your role in developing the children's spirituality?

Question 6 - As you will be responsible for developing our new outdoor area could you tell us your plans for this and how it would work on a day-to-day basis?

Question 7 - Parental links are imortant to us how do you see yourself working with parents and the wider community?

Question 8 - What have you got to offer this school?

Question 9 - We have a strong extra curricular programme, what could you offer to this?

Question 10 - Why do you want to work at this school?

Hope these help and best of luck on Friday.

Guest Cathryn1974
I had an interview for a Reception job last week - I didn't get it, I talked too much apparently. The interview went on for forty minutes and they had only allocated me thirty!!!! They didn't tell me this and I couldn't see a clock. They asked 10 questions and I asked 2.

Question 1 - Tell us about yourself, your background, interests and hobbies?

Question 2 - As you will be working in Reception how would you manage the transition of children to Year1 and the importance of the link between Foundation Stage and Year 2?

Question 3 - How would you deal with challenging behaviour?

Question 4 - As we have employed an NQT in Year 1 what experience have you got of mentoring and working with new staff and how would you see your role?

Question 5 - As we are a Catholic school how do you see your role in developing the children's spirituality?

Question 6 - As you will be responsible for developing our new outdoor area could you tell us your plans for this and how it would work on a day-to-day basis?

Question 7 - Parental links are imortant to us how do you see yourself working with parents and the wider community?

Question 8 - What have you got to offer this school?

Question 9 - We have a strong extra curricular programme, what could you offer to this?

Question 10 - Why do you want to work at this school?

Hope these help and best of luck on Friday.

Hope I'm not too late I think a good lesson in Reception has to be playful and planned by starting with the child (considering the child's interests and next steps in their learning).

Questions may include tell us a time you have been creative? Worked as a team? What does good EYFS teaching look like? How would you monitor progress and document this as evidence?

If I am too late I hope it went well.

CathrynX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)