Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Story Bags

I am in the middle of making lots of traditional story story bags. Inside i have put lots of topic words, writing frames with associated pic and a variety of the same book and puppets but i was wondering what else i could pop in? x x x

I always put a related set of song prompts and song card in a plastic zip wallet with magnetic tape on the back. We have a pile of value black baking sheets as basic provision so the children can use them. The trays take up a lot of room in the sacks and are used in lots of nursery areas so it made more sense to have pile.

Goldilocks-When Goldilocks went to the house of the bears

3 Little pigs-This little piggy went to market

Jack and the beanstalk-5 little peas in a peapod pressed (changed to beans)

Gingerbread man-1 little 2 little 3 little gingerbread

and don't forgot a packet of beans to grow, we used this for Jack and the beanstalk for the children to grow

Five Fat Peas

Five fat peas in a pea pod pressed

(children hold hand in a fist)

One grew, two grew, so did all the rest.

(put thumb and fingers up one by one)

They grew and grew

(raise hand in the air very slowly)

And did not stop,

Until one day

The pod went POP!

(children clap hands together)

The children love a loud POP! I change it to 5 little beans in a bean pod pressed if we are singing it as a link to Jack

There is a nice animation on youtube

We got some lovely wooden figures from Yellow Door to put in ours. We dont lend ours out but focus on a traditional story each half term so anything we make eg masks, hats etc go in. We have also got the stories on CD think that might have been Yellow Door too. When we were at Early Excellence in Huddersfield on Thursday we bought a poem which we could use as a rap for the three billy goats gruff.

Anne

i love that song x

i do like t in early excellence too everything is laid out so ice and it makes me want to get i all ha x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)