Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pond Life

Hello

I was wodering if anybody could help me with a few ideas?

The children have really shown lots of interest in our tadpoles so next week we are going to visit the pond again to look

at pond life ... any ideas on activities around ponds to follow on?

thankyou :o

We have a lovely little pond and the other day we were looking in it and a child went 'look at that!' At first I thought it was a plastic toy, but actually it moved and it turned out to be a newt. How excited was I!!?

A great activity is to build hiding places for frogs etc. using old bits of log, roof tiles, bricks, stones, that kind of thing.

Also look out for pond skaters, or dip in with a clear container and use magnifying glasses to see what's there - you should find larvae of things like dragonflies and mosquitoes if you're lucky.

We have a parent who does a 'pond sweep' every so often and brings in a tank with what they sweep...we have found so many bugs I have had to get a book out from the library and so some internet research to know what is what....got any parents with a pond? We are just putting in an old sink to have our own pond...we plan to put our tadpoles in and hope that the frogs will return to us and we will soon have our own pond life... :oxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)