Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Last Day

cybertwin

Hope the day has gone well and good luck with the final essay.

Well done on all you have achieved so far, let us know when you get your final results.

Nicky Sussex :o

Thank you

I am part of universtiy of winchester, but have been based in basinstoke.

off to winchester proper in sept for EYPS, which i am looking forward to as is on campus and i love the resources in the library

off to winchester proper in sept for EYPS, which i am looking forward to as is on campus and i love the resources in the library

You didn't think of University of Reading then? :o So you're doing the top up to BA and long pathway to EYPS?

Maz

When i started only knew of winchester doing it and as basingstoke so close went there! hehe heard reading is good though

not sure is BA is in my course, just doing long EYPS which tops up my degree at same time. Dont need BA as staying in Early Years .

right now down to that last essay working with families! x

not sure is BA is in my course, just doing long EYPS which tops up my degree at same time. Dont need BA as staying in Early Years .

So what is your degree called then? It is hard work topping up to the full degree (hali and I topped up to Honours, too!) at the same time as doing the long pathway, but if you're organised it can be done. Thinking about it, I'm not organised so perhaps that's not a requirement after all!

Good luck with your last essay - what a sense of achievement you'll have when its done!

Maz

i will have my foundation degree in early childhoods studies then i will have early years professional status.

this will top up my degree i have been told ?? not going anywhere near the Ba to be honest, colleage doing just the top up year this year and looks horrid. much happier with content of EYPS tis much more what i do and know.

not really concerned about the level of my degree, just getting EYPS as then will be fully trained for 2011 or whenever it is now!

i have to do the long path because even though been woring for 10 years never done babies! so going on placement to local nursery!!!

well done on doing the honours, that is so much work xxxx

can you do the short pathway now? heard reading are offering it and winchester are not

i will have my foundation degree in early childhoods studies then i will have early years professional status.

can you do the short pathway now? heard reading are offering it and winchester are not

You need a full degree to be awarded the Early Years Professional Status, so your long pathway will involve gaining extra points to gain a full degree - usually a BA.

I've just looked at Winchester Uni's EYP pages here and it says that "Foundation degree students can also top up their degrees to a BA in Early Years Practice as part of this pathway."

I personally think that statement is a bit misleading (although it does say further up the page that you need a full degree in order to gain the Status) because it seems to imply that topping up to the BA is optional when in fact it is mandatory.

So eventually you'll be able to call yourself cybertwin, BA, EYP :o

As far as I'm aware Reading are continuing to offer Validation only, Short and Long pathway routes. Wonder why Winchester isn't offering the short pathway?

Maz

thank you, havent really read much about it! need to finish FD then english gcse then read i think! hehe

they were oversubscribed for long pathway and unsure as to why stopping short one! didnt bother me as need to do long.

thank you for link will take a look x