Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Displaying Learning Objectives

Does anyone display written learning objectives in reception classes. I would be interested in hearing how you do this as most children will be unable ti read them. Another problem I have is that we operate a carousel of activities so cannot work out how I could do this for every activity. Any suggestions gratefully received.

You could simply write them up for parents to see when they come into your room or any other adult for that matter. If you do a carpet session with your children, simply bring their attention to it as part of your introduction.

How do you actually work with reference to your carousel activities?

D xxx

We have objectives up for parents to see but also in literacy/numeracy we have objectives for chn. Each day the chn have to do something "to be a shooting star I must name 4 letter sounds/count to 10 etc Chn love this and most remember what they have to do to be a star.In nursery i have Clever cats.,works on same principle.Hope this helps :)

Our carousel system is not my preferred method of organisation. I am an NQT working with another teacher who has been in reception for 5 years. Children are in ability groups and have 4/5 tasks to complete each day - usually a literacy, numeracy, creative, k&u and a session outdoors. They rotate throughout the day under our direction. The adult focus tasks are nearly always maths and literacy, there is never an adult working with the children outside and we never have an opportunity for observing child initiated activities.( Can you tell I am not happy with this system?)

Welcome to the forum Unicid. :) That system sounds like the sort of thing that was in place when my older two were in Reception. My daughter is 18 now! I too can see why you are unhappy - it really isn't in the spirit of the foundation stage. :o Will you get a chance to stamp your mark more next year?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)