Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Red Nose Day

Just wondered what everyone was doing for Red Nose Day this coming Friday. My own children have been asked to go in with "big hair" either wigs, wacky hairstyles, hair dyes, etc as well as a red nose of course! There will be a Comic Relief Talent contest that the children are all busy practising for. At my school everyone has been asked to wear something red (we went to town with dressing up this week for World Book Day).

The children have been asked to make a donation for the Comic Relief Appeal on the basis that in poorer areas of Africa:

26p can feed a child for one day (less that a Mars bar)

£10 would buy a medical kit for safe delivery of babies

£150 would buy a toilet block.

Has anyone got any ideas for other fun activities?

Jackie

hi jackie We are having a fun day in our school I work in a First school as FS coordinator and nursery teacher and have organised a day where the only Learning Objective is to have fun and raise money.We are begining with an assembly which I am taking from the Red Nose day pack ,about alittle boy called Mohamed who shines shoes for a living.I have talked my EY staff into acting out this play on the stage for our children I hope it goes okay.Then the whole school is having a day where in each classroom are activities and they are free to choose whichever activity they want to do[organised like a nursery with sand,playdough,glue.dressing up and role play and one of our staff is doing a Fame academy room.Then in the afternoon we have a disc jockey coming in to do our Disco.

Im glad its a Friday cos I think we will all need a glass of wine by the end of the day

Oh we have also taken a photo of all the staff disguised wearing a big red curly wig,red nose and huge sunglasses We have printed them off ,laminated them and are putting them on display in the hall.Children and staff have to pay to guess who they are and there is a small prize.Its incredible difficult to guess some peoples identity.

Anyway good luck with your activities hope you raise lots of money. :)

Guest Tracey F

Our school is having a 'magic' day - children can come dressed as anything to do with magic, so we are expecting a few fairies, witches and Harry Potters - oh and apparently a Florence! (from the magic roundabout) I have decided what to wear yet, but maybe I could pinch the idea and go as dylan - love and peace man :D

Can't resist this, even though it's not in spirit of the thread - I'm going to be spending most of the day in the car, off to Minehead, for a magical Marbles weekend!!!! :o:D:D:D:D But I will have my red nose with me, and no doubt there will be plenty of red nose mayhem when we get there.

Sue :D:D

Hi folks, glad to hear comic relief is still going strong over there.

Just t let you know that our village benefitted from money from Comic Relief 2 years ago, where we now have a new health centre. No more walking 5 miles for immnunisation or simple medication.

Your actions really do make a difference. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)